Being in the home healthcare industry means you see different patients with different types of issues each day. Do many of them currently have the flu? With this illness being passed around often during this time of year, it is important to monitor the health of your patients. In addition, you can help them deal with the side effects of this virus so they can be back on their feet in no time.
Since the flu is spread easily by coughing, sneezing, or touching surfaces, your job is to monitor these risks and prevent the spreading as much as possible. Here are some tips you can give your patients on how they can survive flu season this year:
- Symptoms can vary from person to person, but usually include a fever, muscle aches, fatigue, and a cough and sore throat.
- Most people with the flu recover within one to two weeks.
- Call the doctor if you have trouble breathing, you have pain in your chest, you feel dizzy or confused, or you cannot stop vomiting.
- Rest until the flu is fully gone.
- Drink enough fluids so that you do not become dehydrated.
- Sanitize your hands.
- Wipe down shared household objects such as telephones and TV remote controls with Lysol.
- Avoid being around people who are coughing.
- Get a flu shot to help prevent the illness.
At Insurance Partners Group, we hope these tips help your patients become stronger and healthier than ever during this flu season. You can also help people to stay informed and prepared by directing them to key resources. In addition to supporting your patients, you should also protect your business with reliable and affordable home healthcare insurance. This type of coverage is designed for those who provide in-home services to people who need it. Having this coverage in place can transfer risks, so you can focus on providing superior care and services.